What we do
We initiate and structure investments mainly in Dutch commercial real estate. We specialize in bringing change management to (distressed) asset and/or loan portfolios, by improving portfolio KPI’s through aggressive and intensive commercial asset management and by providing refinancing and/or exit strategies for stakeholders. We have the hands-on, entrepreneurial approach that today's dynamic market demands.
Nexus’ principal owners provide a complementary and well-tuned team, with a combined experience in real estate of more than 45 years.
We bring a broad experience in real estate investment, asset management, financial management, real estate financing as well as corporate finance and (re)structuring expertise. As a result, we are able to provide comprehensive asset and fund management capabilities.
- Jochem is founder and partner of Nexus. His background combines real estate experience with solid financial and structuring skills;
- Prior to founding Nexus, Jochem worked for 4 years as fund manager at PingProperties. Jochem was responsible for the two largest funds of PingProperties with in total 36 assets throughout the Netherlands;
- Also, Jochem worked at CB Richard Ellis Real Estate Finance in London for 3 years, advising clients on direct and indirect real estate investments. Jochem was amongst others advisor to China Investment Corporation, The Crown Estate and Threadneedle;
- Jochem started his career in corporate finance having spent 6 years at MeesPierson Corporate Finance & Capital Markets (now: ABN AMRO) in Amsterdam;
- Jochem holds a Master’s degree in Business Economics earned at Maastricht University;
- Previously FSA-registered as representative of CB Richard Ellis Indirect Investment Services Limited and CB Richard Ellis Financial Services Limited and authorised and regulated by the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets.
- Pieter is founder and partner of Nexus with responsibility for the commercial asset management activities;
- Previously, Pieter was head of the asset management department at PingProperties and was responsible for the team of 4 asset managers and the portfolio of € 850m;
- At PingProperties, Pieter was responsible for several of the largest leasing transactions in the Netherlands in 2014;
- Between 2010 and 2014, Pieter was asset manager at Motonic Real Estate, a privately held company with a portfolio of approximately €78m in offices, light industrial and retail assets;
- At Motonic, Pieter was amongst others responsible for developing and implementing the portfolio strategy, the portfolio restructuring and for maintaining & improving portfolio KPI’s;
- Pieter started his career as real estate consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2005 before joining DTZ as real estate agent in 2007;
- Pieter holds a Bachelor degree in Business Administration (Real Estate Management) earned at Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen.
- Paul is partner of Nexus with responsibility for the finance department and the real estate operations;
- Previously, Paul was fund manager and head of the finance and administration department at PingProperties. He was responsible for the management of the OGON portfolio. Until 2012 he also was Debt Manager with responsibility for the financing arrangements;
- Paul joined PingProperties in 2008 as a result of the acquisition of the OGON portfolio from Oranje-Nassau Vastgoed B.V. by PingProperties;
- As of 2002, Paul was Manager Accounting and Contracts at Oranje-Nassau Vastgoed with responsibility for the administration and financial reporting, drafting lease agreements and assisting in acquisitions and due diligence processes. Paul joined Oranje-Nassau Vastgoed in 1999 as Assistant Controller;
- Paul studied at the Hotel Management School in Leeuwarden and completed several registered broker-valuer courses.